|Donate $10 or more and receive an ad-free membership...|
You are not logged in.
- Hurricane Archives
- Hurricane City
- Tropical Tidbits
- Crown Weather
- Extreme Storm Central
- Hurricane Track
- Storm Central
- Weather Underground
- National Hurricane Center
- Weather Bunker
- SFWMD.gov Weather
- FSU Forecast/Analysis Maps
- Google Maps
- The Weather Channel
- NOAA WEATHER RADIO
Storm Chase 2011 Prep.
Here is what I'd like to have done/acquire by the end of winter:
1. Replace the front windshield and tires on the van
2. Some type of hail protection for the windshield
3. Get mobile broadband service, booster antenna, and maybe even a router for that.
4. Bolt my laptop stand to the floor between the driver and passenger seat
5. buy another cot for whomever I take storm chasing with me
6. GRLEVEL2 program
7. Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011 with GPS attachment
8. Possibly buy a pass for the Kansas and Oklahoma Turnpikes, I ran into problems with toll booths taking awhile ha
9. Even consider getting a passport so that I can chase into southern Manitoba and Saskatchewan
11. Put up the necessary curtains and blinds so that I (and whoever else) can sleep somewhat peacefully in the van. ?
12. HD camcorder
I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions!
- Hurricane Season 2010 - Weather Saturday, May 29 2010 12:27:40 AM
- 93L could be TS Alex by tuesday night,92L still needs to be watched as it could still form!! - Weather Monday, June 21 2010 01:19:55 PM
- Naptime over for the Atlantic Ocean! The tropics come alive, starting with 93L. - Weather Tuesday, June 22 2010 03:49:56 AM
- Tropics starting to heat up - Weather Wednesday, June 23 2010 11:39:52 AM
- 93L finally starting to organize and possibly developing a surface low WSW of Jamaica! - Weather Wednesday, June 23 2010 07:25:58 PM
Please login first in order for you to submit comments
Stormchaser81 is a very talented member of the Xtreme Weather Team whose areas of expertise include Doppler radar, satellite interpretation, severe weather warnings, and tropical weather forecasting.
NOAA, TSR, UKMET, PSU, WSI, and WU Community Predict Active Atlantic Hurricane SeasonNOAA forecasts an above-normal and possibly very active Atlantic hurricane season in 2013, in their May 23 outlook. They give a 70% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of an near-normal season, and 5% chance of a below-normal season. They predict a 70% chance that there will be 13 - 20 named storms, 7 - 11 hurricanes, and 3 - 6 major hurricanes, with an Accumulated Cyclone Energy...
Tornadoes and Climate Change: Huge Stakes, Huge UnknownsIn 2011, a series of violent severe storms swept across the Plains and Southeast U.S., bringing an astonishing six billion-dollar disasters in a three-month period. The epic tornado onslaught killed 552 people, caused $25 billion in damage, and brought three of the five largest tornado outbreaks since record keeping began in 1950. In May 2011, the Joplin, Missouri tornado did $3 billion in damage--the most expensive tornado in world history--and...